Have you ever wondered what time of day is the best time for you to get a workout in? Well of course you have and perhaps you still are or you probably would not be reading this. All of us at one time or another pondered this question. You want to make sure you are choosing the best time to get those gains you want or/and torch those calories to drop those unwanted pounds. Well, you came to the right place and right person to give you the answer to this question. Now the answer to this question is ANYTIME because it all depends on you. You can exercise in the morning, mid-day, evening or late at night. Let me explain why these all are good answers.
- Motivates you to get a GOOD night rest, therefore promotes good sleeping habits. It feels better to do anything once fully rested.
- For some, exercise actually wakens and energizes them. Get that blood pumping and release those endorphins. It can set the tone for the rest of your day.
- Get the workout out the way and done with. Some folks are pooped after a long day, so workout when you are fresh first thing in the morning. Working out tired can lead to a disaster such as an injury to yourself or someone else if not careful.
- Breaks up your workday. You should not be sitting hunched over in one spot at a desk all day, get up and get moving, please.
- It can give you a boost to get through the rest of the workday. Again let’s release those endorphins to put you back into a good mood after having a rough morning. We all had or have those days and could use a little break.
- Help manage your workout time. This is good, especially if you are one that tends to overdo it in the gym or one that gets distracted. This will motivate you to focus on and getting the workout done efficiently in a timely manner.
- Relieve stress from a hard day at work. Yes, attack those weights, cardio machines and etc … let out that frustration, do this safely of course.
- More classes are offered at gyms at this time. You don’t want to think of a workout, take a class and let the instructor lead you.
- Nice time to meet other people. Perhaps you’ll meet your future spouse, make a friend or get a workout partner. You meet some pretty interesting people in a gym.
- Relieve ALL the stress of the day. If you have tons of responsibility from the moment you wake up, you can definitely use a late-night workout. Plus, it’ll top your day of hard work off. I say “work hard, sleep hard”, I am pooped after a late-night session, so I sleep very well afterward.
- Fewer distractions. This probably because not many people are up at this time of night. It’s great, nobody is around talking your ear off, there is no one hogging the equipment and more space for you to do whatever you want.
- Have all day to eat and store up energy for the awesome workout. You are basically filling up the gas tank before taking off on a weekend trip.
Now, hopefully, you fall into one of these time periods. Some of the benefits of each time period can overlap with the others. So just pick which one is best for you. Take myself, for instance, depending on the day and my schedule, that determines the time of day I exercise. All in all, the best time to exercise depends on you my friend. You choose when to get it in.
Be Healthy, Be Balanced, Be You